CRAVEN-PAMLICO REGIONAL LIBRARY
400 Johnson Street
New Bern, NC 28560
Directory of Member Libraries
Schedule of Fines and Fees
An important part of maintaining the library collection and access to it includes retrieving overdue materials so they are available for the public to use. The library aims to do this in a manner that is both fair and effective. Fines are charged for all overdue materials as an incentive for patrons to return them on time. Fines begin the day after the material is due and continues accumulating until the material is returned or until the fine reaches a maximum accumulation.
The Library strives to keep its materials clean and in good condition. Patrons are charged for minor damages inflicted on materials. Materials that are lost or damaged beyond further use must be paid for.
Library accounts owing more than $50.00 in fines are blocked from library transactions (including online renewals and placing requests). Full or partial payments may be made in 2 ways.
Click here for the Schedule of Fines and Fees.
How to pay fines and fees:
1. IN PERSON – Pay by cash or check at any library location during regular library hours. Library circulation staff are required to give a receipt for payment.
2. ONLINE – Effective October 2016, use your credit or debit card to pay online. Things you need to know to pay online:
- If you have a question about a fine please see the circulation staff at your local library before making credit or debit card payments
- Payments are made through a patron’s online “Library Account”.
- There is a $1.00 convenience fee charged per transaction, not per overdue item.
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit and branded debit cards are accepted.
- A successful payment will be applied to your Library Account immediately.
- Credit or debit card payments are not accepted in person or by phone.
- We can’t accept credit or debit cards for Friends of the Library memberships, bad check fees, or interlibrary loan invoices from other libraries.
- No refunds can be made directly to your credit or debit card.
- Payments will appear as Craven-Pamlico Regional Library 252-638-7800 on your credit card statement.
- Patrons are encouraged to print the transaction receipt for their records. If using one of our public computers to pay the fine then standard print charges will apply.
- Contact your local library if you experience problems with an online payment.
The Craven-Pamlico Regional Library does not collect or store any credit or debit card processing data collected by the credit card processor. The Craven-Pamlico Regional Library is not responsible for any breach of security with respect to data collected or stored by the credit card processor, nor is the Craven-Pamlico Regional Library responsible for the credit card processor’s compliance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
By proceeding with credit or debit card payment, you agree to accept and assume all risks and responsibilities for any losses and damages that may arise from your use of Authorize.net and release Craven-Pamlico Regional Library from all liability.