This is a free contest. No entry fee is required. Contest dates are April 1 – April 30.
Poem must be written using the following 5 random words. Please print them out or write them down.
There are three age groups
- Up to 12 years old - Children
- 13 to 18 years old – Young Adult
- 19+ - Adult
- Poem can be written in any poetic style and on any subject, but must include your 5 random words.
- The poem in its entirety must be an original work by the person entering the contest
- Only one poem per person.
- You must be a member of a Craven-Pamlico Regional Library. Apply for Library Card
- Poems containing language that is vulgar, offensive, or wholly inappropriate will not be accepted.
Enter your poem online here or drop by any CPR library with an entry form on or before Wednesday, April 30, 2021.
There will be 3 Regional winners in each age group. The following prizes will be awarded winners in each age group.
- 1st Prize $35.00 Amazon Gift Card
- 2nd Prize $25.00 Amazon Gift Card
- 3rd Prize $15.00 Amazon Gift Card
Gift cards will be available to the winners after judging of poems and the winners are posted on our website.
Contest entries are judged based on poetic technique, effectiveness, style, and creativity. Winners will be announced the first week in May.